The Collectorate play a pivotal role in the District administration. Collector in the Cadre of I.A.S heads the District. He acts as the District Magistrate for maintaining Law and Order in his jurisdiction. He deals mainly with planning and development, law and order, scheduled areas/agency areas, general elections, arms licensing etc.
The Additional Collector who generally belongs to the I.A.S Cadre / Senior Special Grade Deputy Collector runs the Revenue administration under various enactments in the District.He mainly deals with civil supplies, land matters, mines and minerals, village officers etc.
The District Revenue Officer (DRO) in the Cadre of Special Grade Deputy Collectors assists the Collector and Additional Collector in discharging their duties. The District Revenue Officer looks after all the branches of the Collectorate. He deals mainly with general administration and is vested with supervision of day-to-day functions of the Collectorate.
The administrative Officer in the rank of a Tahsildar is the general assistant to the Collector. He directly supervises all the sections in the Collectorate and most of the files are routed through him.
The Collectorate is divided into 8 sections as per the administrative reforms taken up by the Government of Telangana. An alphabet letter is given to each section for easy reference.
- Section A :: Deals with Establishment and Office Procedures,Inward/Outward
- Section B :: Deals with Budgets,Salaries, Fund Related
- Section C :: Deals with Law & order, Apathbandhu Scheme, NFBF, NHRC, Revenue Subjects, Gun Licenses.
- Section D :: Deals with ROR, Appeals on the Patta Lands, ROR Act, NALA, Relief and Rehabilitation and Dharani,etc,.
- Section E :: Deals with Land Administration, Land Alienation, Allotment of Government Lands.
- Section F :: Deals with Inam Lands, Terri Act,Endowment Lands,etc,.
- Section G :: Deals with Land Acquisition, NHAI, Court Cases.
- Section H :: Deals with Protocol, Elections, Meeseva and Residuiary work.